Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Week So Far and false advertising

After the disappointment of the cake and sugar induced 5lb gain it was time to really knuckle down and stop fucking around as I've worked so hard to lose 8st only to be a complete pig at the wedding fair, I am human after all but if I am gonna beat food addiction I need to get my self discipline back so what I have done is I went back to basics and limit my carb intake this week(I did have a baked potato, beans and scotch bonnet cheese and salad for dinner today), even did a pescatarian and carb free version of lasagne using courgette (zucchini for you Americans) as the layer and made the red sauce using cod, haddock and salmon as the fish mixed up with chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions and a clove of garlic and used fat free fromage frais and 3 mini babybel lights for the topping and it was absolutely delicious, into my 4th week meat free and i'm now craving a juicy steak but I need to stay strong in order to 1. Prolong my hip and 2. Stick to the principles of being a pescatarian. At a wedding tomorrow and will make smart choices and a good thing I don't drink alcohol these days

Tomorrow is a huge day regarding my hip as I'm in Cappagh Hospital again and I should get a better idea on how much longer I have to wait to get a new hip, if its the pre-op appointment I will have a new hip before xmas but being realistic I doubt it will be the pre-op, I could also be told I may have fibromyalgia too and i'm already prepared for life with this as I've been talking to sufferers about dealing with this bastard condition and also been looking up the internet. I will post a blog tomorrow with the outcome. Did do an awesome Bokwa session last night and I really enjoy it, not only i'm getting a workout in but I'm meeting new people too.

The main topic of this blog is FALSE ADVERTISING, on my way to Bokwa last night and got on the 15 bus from Clare Hall to Hawkins St in the city centre and I see an advert by McDonald's saying 'SERIOUS MAN FOOD' in promoting 3 limited edition burgers which would be on average 800-1000 calories of artery clogging madness but serious man food they can fuck right off with that bullshit as 1. I wouldn't feed this shit to my dad's dog or any dog and 2. Everything is so processed its unreal. Now you can see why obesity rates in the UK and Ireland are at an all time high and its gonna get worse unless we take the Bull by its horns and take control of what we put in our bodies, even for a food addict like me I wasn't attracted to eat McDonald's as I actually worked in UK head office when I was 17 and see the way it's cooked that put me off and I hardly ate that shit since. Burger King did a similar TV commercial 8 years ago where a man walked out on a date with a girl eating a salad at a restaurant to go into a Burger King to get a whopper then screamed 'I AM MAN' and that sends a message that it's ok to go into a burger joint instead of eating properly and these companies are actually commiting corporate genocide as heart and weight related deaths have sky rocketed in the past 20 years and I could have been another statistic if I didn't take control of my health.

On a positive note, I am very grateful for the support i'm getting through this blog and even the criticism because it will help me become a better person, I set up this blog to give an honest account on my struggles and I will continue to do it the way I want it to be.

Have an A1 weekend everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment