Friday, May 2, 2014

An Introduction, my current story and my plans for the future

Hello and welcome to a new project of mine as I've now decided to do a regular journal on my journey to beat obesity, get fit and inspire others who like me are battling with weight and food addictions.

I'm a 42yo male from Finchley which is a suburb of North London but now reside in Coolock North Dublin, raised there by Irish parents and despite being sporty as a kid I always battled with weight but then I didn't really give a shit and when I got older and started earning my own money, it was easier for me to buy junk and the beers were flowing in and alcohol lead to fast food etc, not ashamed to say this as I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my adult life and the biggest kick up the arse was slipping on ice at 1am in the morning and not being able to pick myself up and it was 2 lads who were on the piss all evening that picked me up and that was embarrassing, this was over 5 years ago and joined a local weight watchers class (didn't think Slimming World was in Ireland then), much to my embarrassment the scales couldn't read my weight so basically had to go to head office in Swords Co Dublin (then a 2 hour trip from where I was and I then ended up living there for 7 months) and nearly had a heart attack when I knew my exact starting weight, it actually worked for me as I did lose 158lb on it until they changed the whole system and I struggled with it plus I went through a nasty break-up with an ex at the same time so I gave it up for a while.

I then seeing posts from a guy on Facebook calling himself Diet Geezer who was doing slimming world and I thought I look into it and lucky enough there was a class in Kilkenny city so I joined that and see if I can finish the job I started and it was a struggle for me for a long time, must have re-joined 3 or 4 times and another brutal kick up the arse for me was in late October 2012 I was told I had arthritis on my right side of my hip and from then until xmas 2012 I felt sorry for myself and piled on 2st but I said to myself on Boxing day 2012 that I was gonna go back to Slimming World and this time do it properly with a no excuses attitude, join a gym and kick some fucking arse, I will continue the story in other blogs and will sometimes post a food and fitness diary just to let people know how I go about my daily struggle

If I can do this so can you

No comments:

Post a Comment