Friday, May 2, 2014

My accomplishments and fitness plans

I was always sporty as a kid as I loved to play the odd game of football and played Sunday League for 2 years, was good at cricket but my weight always kept me back and played American Football competitively for 2 years before work commitments kicked in

The day after I re-joined slimming world I joined a gym and my first day back was pure torture and only managed to walk 4km/h at 3% and only lasted 15 minutes at a time and I was fucked after these sessions then a chance conversation with a lad in the changing rooms totally changed the way I go about exercise and this is when I added whey protein to my nutrition plan.

I was reaping the benefits of taking protein as I wasn't craving shit after workouts, my muscle recovery was going according to plan and as I was losing weight, I was upping the speed and gradients on the treadmill, slightly increasing weight and able to walk 5km on the roads

Changed gym 4 months in because of a gang of Polish bodybuilders were using the gym to peddle juice and were bullying schoolkids into taking that muck, I was improving and then I decided to do a challenge, one that I failed to complete 12 months before due to my heart rate hitting 160 and was advised to end it 2/3 up Mt Leinster but this time I was determined to complete it and the 2nd time I did in scorching heat, this was the start of a new love in hiking and I have since done the Frogs Loop in Howth (10.2km) the Tramline Loop in Howth (8km) the Tramline walk in Howth (10.8km) and the Malahide Estuary to Portrane hike(11km)  plus I did my 1st competitive 10km in Dublin 3 weeks ago in just over 2 hours which is good going for someone with arthritis and in need of a hip replacement

Recently signed up for the Darkness Into Light walk in Malahide Castle next week for suicide awareness, it's a 5km walk starting at 4.15am yes 4.15am and doing this with my girlfriend Jennifer, her sister and niece and that will be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment