Monday, May 12, 2014

The Darkness Into Light walk and a Pre-weigh in

As I mentioned in an older blog I participated in the Darkness Into Light 5k in Malahide Castle in aid of Pieta House that helps people dealing with suicide, self-harm and mental health issues and I believe not enough is done to combat this

It was chaos at the event and the actual walk was delayed 20 mins due to traffic coming into Malahide Castle itself but it was a superb turnout even know I thought parts of the course was either too narrow or dangerous due to rain on Friday, did the walk in just over an hour but this wasn't about smashing PB's, this was supporting people affected by suicide and other things affected by mental health issues and I will be doing this again next year, it also hits you for 6 when I saw people doing the walk with photos of loved ones who decided to end their own lives

Back to normal, I weigh in at my usual class at the Athy GAA club this afternoon and feeling confident despite a 5 day week and any result this week will be dedicated to a good friend who lost his fight against the scumbag disease otherwise known as cancer RIP Keith Bone gone but never forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment