Friday, July 18, 2014

My break away so far

Been in Inishbofin Island the past couple of days and for people who don't know where it is, it's an island just off the west coast of Ireland and a favourite destination of Jenny's for a while now, it's the perfect place for someone who just wants to get away from the daily shit and for a remote island there is plenty to do, did a 10km hike yesterday but having to use Nordic Sticks just to ease the hip and since I got back yesterday I've been in a lot of pain and it's upset me because I want to enjoy the experience more but I made the choice of not sitting in my hotel room feeling like shit or sorry for myself, I'm actually enjoying being on here and I can see myself coming here again, the food is good(other than the debacle of last night at the Inishbofin House Hotel where the service wasn't the best), the people are friendly and there is a good vibe in the place and the hotel i'm staying in is one of those places where you actually feel at home (check out the Doonmore Hotel on facebook)

Before I got to Inishbofin I was planning to stay on plan foodwise but it's virtually impossible unless you're renting a house and do self catering so I decided on damage limitation so if I'm up on the scales on Monday, i'll just move on straight away and get back on track.

Before I sign off I'll be doing 1 or 2 events for the Marie Keating foundation on behalf of Slimming World on the 26th and 28th July depending on how my hip is, the event on the 26th is a 5km Pop-Up 5k in Naas and the 28th is a sponsored Bokwa in Finglas (no nasty comments please) and it should be a laugh doing something to fight this scumbag disease.

Have a good weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment