Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This weeks weigh in, Bokwa and eating healthily on a budget

Weighed in yesterday instead of my normal class on a Monday and I was up 1.5lb and to be fair I was expecting more as I said in the weekend blog that my hip caused me a lot of problems over the weekend which caused me to comfort eat, it wasn't crap that I ate but I was constantly eating and this can easily happen and come Sunday lunchtime I drew the line, I've promised myself that this week that I get back to basics, keep a positive attitude and set a good example for the people I inspire, since Boney's funeral the 1st week in June ive actually piled on 9lb how the fuck can I inspire people when I struggle myself so now it's back to the drawing board, start food prepping again and get back to the gym, my hip right now cannot handle a 5k without using Nordic Sticks and that basically means no treadmill, that's not a bad thing as I can walk to my gym(2.65km) do a little treadmill work and do weights and i'm incorporating Bokwa into my fitness.

On Monday, I participated in a charity Bokwa session with the Slimwithdan slimming world groups in aid of the Marie Keating foundation which fights cancer in Ireland in Finglas, beforehand I watched a few youtube videos on Bokwa and it looked fun. What is Bokwa?  It's a bit like zumba but you move to the alphabet while moving to the music and its high intense, total non stop for 60 minutes and you melt fat doing it, I burned 732 calories in a Bokwa class and I never done it before, most people's excuses not to go to the gym or an exercise class is that it's boring, I can tell you now that Bokwa ain't boring which is why after the session I made the decision to take it up on a regular basis as well as my traditional gym sessions and will be doing it on a Tuesday evening in the Liberties in South Central Dublin and have an option of doing it in Pearse St on a Friday also. You can burn more calories having fun doing Bokwa than spending an hour on the treadmill at 6km/h avg 5% grad and the Bokwa instructors made me and everyone who did the class very welcome and quite a few have decided to take it up.

When it comes to making excuses about not losing weight when they need to, join a weight loss group or incorporate a healthy eating plan is down to money, I did a weeks food shop today of lean protein (canned tuna,turkey, chicken and 98% fat free beef mince), fruit and veg, eggs and greek yoghurt for 35 euros, all on plan and I know what is going into my body now tell me you can't afford to eat right BULLSHIT, if I can eat clean on a budget so can you. Would you rather save money eating cheap processed foods or would you rather keep spending money on medication and doctors fees (it's 50 euros a visit in Ireland) because your nutrition isn't the best

The pic i'm posting was my calorie burn, avg HR and max HR during Bokwa

No comments:

Post a Comment