Sunday, July 6, 2014

The weekend, a non scale victory and hopes for tomorrow

Thought I write this as I'm heading back to Dublin from a weekend in London where I got to see 2 of my all time fave bands (Black Sabbath and Soundgarden) in London's Hyde Park and it was a bit of a test when it comes to food as I do go past temptations like Gregg's bakers, traditional pie n mash shops and other places where some of the damage that caused me to have this food addiction, one thing about me going to my slimming class and using social media and what I have learned is doing a complete food prep, this way I'm in total control and I managed to have some form of control while in London but at the gig venue, food prep went totally out of the window as 1. me and jen decided to have a full on lunch before going and 2. The security at Hyde Park were complete and utter bastards, you couldn't even bring a packet of chewing gum or a bottle of water without them confiscating it.

As for eating in the venue itself there was plenty of choices ranging from burgers, Mexican, Indian, pasta, fish and chips and even vegan food and most of the delicious offerings are not on my current plan so I was kind of forced to pull in a flexi-day and had the jalapeño burger, the good side to Friday was I got in plenty of walking and the same as yesterday when me and Jen went to Camden Market and Oxford Street and my hip was playing up so I sat down for a few minutes in Camden Lock and next to me there was a guy eating a Chimichanga (a deep fried burrito that tastes too damn good) and that was so unfair but I remained strong, did go for a Mexican in Chimichangas in North Finchley and I enjoyed it and I think I have done enough to warrant a weight loss tomorrow as my food was 100% throughout during the week, back exercising and got in some good sleep too (to me sleep is just as important as you can burn up to 300 calories an hour according to to the Jawbone Up band which I have, will weigh in at a class in Donnycarney instead as I'm travelling overnight and I want to get some decent rest before and I feel good mentally and physically and I will promise myself that no matter the result tomorrow I will jump off the scales with my head held high.

I finish off with a before and current photo of myself just to show the total progress I have made since December 2012 when I could only get into t-shirts in 5XL and 3XL football jerseys and now I can get into an XL no problem and treated myself to a Heisenberg Heineken shirt yesterday and I feel good in it, there is gonna be obstacles in any weight loss journey but it's totally up to you to rise above them and crush it

No comments:

Post a Comment