Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dealing with pain and how it can affect weight loss

One of the reasons for me losing weight is because of my arthritis and i'm dealing with constant pain and in recent weeks I've not only been suffering with constant pain but I'm suffering mentally too and that's playing on my weight loss so me highlighting this in my blog and on Social Media is telling people who are in the same boat as me if you are suffering from arthritis or back trouble that you are not alone and there is good people out there who can help and recently when I posted a blog update on a private slimming group on Facebook and one lady went out of her way to send me these little booklets as she is a volunteer for Arthritis Ireland and going through these are very helpful and they actually have courses in how to deal with this bastard condition so in the next few weeks I'm gonna enrol in a pain management course in Dublin, the pain right now has got so bad that I'm currently using a walking stick just to get by but I aim to keep moving, may not be able to do the gym for now but I have to think of what is needed to do but I will still fight my battle with my weight and as long as I'm spot on with my food I should be able to lose weight and I know myself and good people around have total faith in me

A big thank you to Bernie who supplied me with the booklets and anyone dealing with arthritis should look into seeking alternative help as I believe the pain meds I'm taking are not really helping but instead is fucking up my mood swings and I have to think of my loved ones as well especially my dad and Jennifer who are the closest to me

No comments:

Post a Comment