Friday, June 13, 2014

The rise of cheap fast food and one politician's quest to stamp it out

The past few months through social media I've been speaking out against the likes of Centra, Eurospar and fast food outlets currently offering cheap lunches and this morning I woke up to a whatsapp message I recieved from my girlfriend regarding an article in this morning's Irish Daily Star which is a breath of fresh air for me as Senator Catherine Noone wants to crack down on these outlets selling fried chicken baguettes for €2.50 and the artery blocking 1250 calorie breakfast rolls for €3 and upping the price of these, these are the same outlets that RIP YOU OFF when it comes to buying healthier options like fresh salads where I believe Centra can charge up to €4 for a salad, the power of Slimming World in Athy has created a huge effect for fast food joints in the town and now some chippies are selling food half price to encourage folk to get takeaways, going back to the the likes of Centra, it seems like schools are not serving up healthier options in school cafeterias which is why kids are going for the fried chicken baguettes and the greasy wedges.

I just hope that Catherine Noone backs up the smack and do something about the ever increasing obesity epidemic thats diseasing Ireland right now and take on the likes of McDonald's, Subway, Centra etc, around 60% of the population are overweight and that includes me but I'm doing something about that, i'll probably always be considered overweight because of the bullshit BMI but as long as I'm healthy, fit and happy the BMI can kiss my East Finchley arse

No comments:

Post a Comment